Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day in KC



Jim and Grant drove down friday to KC for the weekend. The girls and I decided to leave on Saturday after we dropped the dogs off at the dog sitters! We stopped at a few of my favorite stores in Liberty, and my friend Debbie met us there! Then we were off to Country Club Plaza to have lunch and check out Anthropology!! My new best friend Stacy (GPS) helped us get there! The girls named her, and I have no idea where it came from. It started to rain, so we asked Stacy to show us where Nell Hills was.....OH MY GOODNESS.....I have been to the old Nell Hills, but the new store is FABULOUS!!!! I can't wait to go back. The game was rain-delayed, so we knew that Jim and Grant would be late. The girls wanted to go and swim at the hotel, so Debbie, her husband Nick, and two boys came to the hotel to hang out with us! On Sunday the five of us went to the game. I could tell we were messing with Jim and Grants mojo......they really didn't want us to be there! We had to get to the game 3 hours early, so we could watch the players warm up, and get some autographs! Did I mention that it was 110 degrees with the heat index. I was sweating in places that I didn't even know were supposed to sweat!!!! The girls, and I stayed for 1 inning, and then we got the heck out of there, I know... we are pitiful!!!! Jim and Grant did see Albert hit two grand slam home runs! We did have a wonderful time, but next year I think we need to go to a Chiefs game instead!!! HAHAHAHA! It said in the KC paper.....nothing is better then spending fathers day with your son at the ball field.....it didn't mention daughters and wives!

2 comments:

Kim Sue said...

at least a night game!

The Roush House said...

looks like fun!!!