Sunday, August 30, 2009

they say it comes in threes

WHAT A WEEK!!!





ONE

On Tuesday my older brother had to go the ER. He was having horrible pain in his big toe. They gave him some pain medication, and finally discovered that he has gout!!
TWO
Last night my brother-in-law called me and said I need to come over to their house ASAP. My sister fell down the stairs and he thinks she broke her leg! I jumped into the van in my jammies...no shoes and drove as fast as I could. When I arrived at their house the ambulance was there, firetrucks, firemen, EMT...I guess not much to do on a Saturday night! I took her kids to my house, put some clothes and shoes on, and drove to the hospital. She had surgery this afternoon. She broke her fibula bone, and tore all the ligaments in her ankle. She also will be sporting some new hardware in her leg. We are hoping she gets out tomorrow. Thankfully my brother-in-law is on vacation all next week!
THREE
My neighbor called and asked me to take her to the ER...different hospital this time......she is having stomach pains, can't eat, and is throwing up!! We sat in the waiting room for 2 hours........at first they thought she had an ovarian cyst. They decided to do a CT scan, and that is where the found out her appendix burst....so now she is having emergency surgery.........

post signature

2 comments:

Doodle Bugs said...

What??? And you managed to go out and do my shopping too. Busy weekend. My dad has gout.

Big Girl said...

oh my goodness.....praying for speedy recoveries for everyone!! WOW!!!! MY GOODNESS!!!!!! you better just sit tight and be still!!!!!!!