Monday, June 7, 2010

50 years of wedded bliss!

My parents are celebrating 50 years of wedded bliss on July 1. They didn't want a party, but we decided they deserved a party!!! What an accomplishment! My parents still enjoy hanging out with each other, they work together every day.........and they are the two most generous people you will ever meet!!!!!!! My two brothers, sister, me and our families are VERY lucky!!!!! We were hoping to surprise our mom and dad, but two "old" people spilled the beans!!! The funny thing is, they both knew about the party, but didn't tell each other!! HA!

This is the board of memories my niece Mallory created. It looked so cute! Our kids took pictures of each guest as they arrived and that became our guest book! It was fabulous!


My cousins Tory, and Emery.....and a new little one on the way arriving in September!




My sisters-in-law Kelly and Tracy.....thanks for your help girls!!!!



My nephew Ben waiting for the party to start!


My nephew Jack.........always smiling!!!




Caroline relaxing.....


Uncle Grant, Uncle Larry, Aunt Cindy, and my brother Steven checking out all the yummy food!




Grant waiting for the next guest to arrive!



cookies my sister-in-law Tracy ordered from a local bakery........they were so yummy!


My brother Steven.



Guests mingling.....




Thank goodness for the tent......a huge storm hit, and everyone had to run into the building. We have a security camera, and I can't wait to watch it! Stuff flew everywhere!!!!!
It was such a fun evening!!!! My sister and I were mad at ourselves, because we were so busy we didn't take very many pictures! At the end my immediate family was there, and some close friends to help clean up......we toasted with some yummy champagne........to a great couple....great friends, great parents.........I love you both very much!!!!!!!


post signature

2 comments:

Doodle Bugs said...

fun party! love the idea of taking pictures of everyone as they came in! and those cookies look YUMMMMMMMMMY~

Unknown said...

I am so mad I didn't take more pictures either...AND I have no pictures of your mom and dad!!! I said to Steve when we got home "Why didn't we snap a family picture?" Or at least why didn't we get at least one picture of the people we were honoring?! We were just too busy restocking hot dog buns and fruit salad!!