Friday, July 11, 2008

a walking miracle.....

My dad went to The University of Iowa Hospital to seek a second opinion. The Doctor was amazed how good my dad looks!! He said 60 to 70 percent of patients with Esophagus Cancer pass away within the first year. My dad was diagnosed last May, so he has already passed the first year mark! His esophagus cancer is gone, but he does have a small lesion still on his liver. The Doctor in Iowa City said my dad is a "walking miracle"..... that is how my dad wants to be referred to now! He said when he walked into the room, he expected my dad to be skinny, and frail. He did have a few suggestions on different chemo's, so the Doctor in Iowa City will now be contacting the Doctor in Des Moines. Of course I have my theory.......I took my dad to church for their healing service........what a blessing!!!

1 comment:

Kim Sue said...

whoo hoo for a good report!